Re: T.rex predation

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-09-18 13:38:15 EDT, jconrad@lib.drury.edu (Kevin James
> Dracon) writes:
>
> << On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
>
>  > So--the supposed "prey animal" got away, yes? It wasn't _killed_, yes? So
>  > theoretically the _T. rex_ could have been a scavenger that occasionally
>  > tried but couldn't kill live prey.
>
>  Yeah, just like lions, tigers, crocodiles, raptors...   >>
>
> Actually, _unlike_ lions, tigers, crocodiles, raptors... They _do_ manage to
> kill live prey on occasion. Emphasis here on "couldn't." In case you haven't
> noticed, emphasis here also on "ridiculously convoluted counterexamples."

I was being sarcastic, trying to imply that lions, tigers, crocodiles,
raptors, and other predators do occasionally "miss".  I think it is
unreasonable to suggest that just because a rex failed on a few attempts,
but wounded the prey means that it "couldn't kill live prey."   Sorry for
the sarcasm, I should have just said what I meant.

jc