Re: The uses of sickle claws

Michael wrote:

> So what's the niche of those predators surrounding T rex?  Were they
> the hyena of their day?  Did T rex serve as the lion of the day?
>
> Michael

I'm always making analogies between individual species of dinosaurs
and modern animal behaviour, but I'm not sure we can stretch those
analogies to the interaction between several species. I doubt that
modern ecosystems can really be used to understand those of
the Mesozoic, things were just too different back then. Using modern
analogies to understand some aspects of an individual dinosaur species
is probably enough of a stretch as it is.
        Dann Pigdon
        Melbourne, Australia
        http://www.alphalink.com.au/~dannj