Re: T.rex predation

Alaric Shapli wrote:

> >         If tyrannosaurs had such good senses of smell then perhaps
> > some dino babies also used this technique. After all, the black
> > buck's main predator is probably the tiger, the largest extant
> > terrestrial carnivore (some bears are bigger, but mostly herbivorous /
> > insectivorous).
>
> Actualy, much as I like tigers, polar bears are bigger (I believe) AND
> pretty much entirely herbivorous.

Polar bears are definitely bigger (some estimates put the maximum male
weight at 800 kilos), but they're definitely not entirely herbivorous.
Polar bears have more meat in their diets than any other bear, many
being entirely carnivorous (though berries are important for some
individuals during summer and autumn).

Chris