Re: T.rex predation

> Date:          Sat, 20 Sep 1997 11:07:07 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          John Bois <jbois@umd5.umd.edu>
> To:            Chris Campbell <sankarah@ou.edu>
<snip>
> Another negative for hadrosaurs is the inefficiency of food.  A deer
> converts bulk forage into high quality milk.  A hadrosaur must bring raw
> forage or regurgitate somewhat processed forage.  These are not as
> efficient and the parent would probably have to do it more often (alerting
> preds. at the same time)--and it would be more smelly and noisy.  All in
> all, if I were a hadrosaur hatchling, I would cast my lot with the herd.

Well, I would bet a lot of money you are right about how hadrosaurs
feed their hatchlings/young, but would you bet your life they did it
that way?  Are mammary/like glands or other mechanisms an
impossibility?

As always, this is only an opinion, subject to
retraction and recall without notice, and with
due respect to others opinions.

Thanks,

Michael Teuton MD