Re: T.rex predation

At 12:44 PM 9/18/97 -0700, Chris Campbell wrote:
>Sure; OTOH, that particular _T. rex_ might have been a clutz, or even
>just having a bad day.  It *does* show he/she made a pretty good
>effort at taking down live prey.

One point to keep in mind is that even fairly effective hunters *often*
miss.  I have heard figures as high as an 80% failure rate for lions.

As far as I know the few primary scavengers that exist never even bother to
try to take down live prey.  (Yeah, a vulture attacking something - uhuh,
sure).

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com