Re: Protoceratops the aggressor

> Date:          Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:18:07 +0200
> From:          "Bryan R. Stahl" <brstahl@sprynet.com>
> To:            <dinosaur@usc.edu>
> Subject:       Re: Protoceratops the aggressor

>  I may be totally off on this, but I've often thought that Protoceratops may
> have been similar to modern pigs:  opportunistic omnivores (herbivorous
> unless eggs or carrion are available, but not dependent on them.)    Anyone
> have thoughts on this?

I doubt anyone can really answer your question, but maybe one of the
dino experts can.  However, it's likely that somewhere along the way
either Proceratops or another animal occupied a niche like the one
you're thinking of;  assuming it is realistically possible for that
animal in that ecosystem.

As always, this is only an opinion, subject to
retraction and recall without notice, and with
due respect to others opinions.

Thanks,

Michael Teuton MD