Brain Evolution

If Dale Russell's increasing brain size theory were true, wouldn't the
oldest vertebrates (like fish?) be mental giants by now?  Frankly that
"dinosauroid" has no business at all being presented as any kind of
science, IMHO.  And for that matter, his Therezinosaurs/ chalicothere/
ground sloth model is about as dubious.  No disrespect meant, but Dale has
some... unusual ideas.