Re: Cursorial adaptations (was T.rex and elephants)

> Date:          Wed, 24 Sep 1997 01:18:41 -0700
> From:          Chris Campbell <sankarah@ou.edu>
> To:            dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject:       Re: Cursorial adaptations (was T.rex and elephants)

 We have to remember that _T. rex_ didn't have to catch
> its prey; they're slow enough that closing the distance isn't the
> problem.  Being able to get around things like pokey horns would be a
> good thing, however, and high mobility would help that.  Being able to
> get at the prey before help arrives (you know those big, lumbering tanks
> of herbivores won't be turning about very quickly) would also be a very
> good thing.
Why would prey necessarily be slow?  Rhino are not slow nor unagile
and are comparable in size to triceratop(what's the plural?).
Whether they did run fast is for the imagination unless someone comes
up with the tracks.

Michael