Re: "Cursoriality", etc.

Greg Paul wrote...
> Most land animals do not lose speed as they grow up, there is no evidence
> tyrannosaurs did so. If they did do so, then they were most peculiar.

      As you already noted, most land animals not not get as large as
T.rex.  Nor are most animals this size or larger, in the past or
present, bipeds.  So T.rex is already peculiar, and peculiar in one way
for which we have no modern analogue; a relatively medium sized and
gracile bipedal runner that grows into a VERY massive bipedal runner. Few
people in this discussion have doubted that T.rex could run, but the
impressive mass increase, combined with the added liability of bipedality,
may have called for added moderation and caution.

LN Jeff
O-