Re: ALBERTOSAURUS

I'm sure its just a slip of the keyboard, but Albertosaurus is the genus not
the species -- those would be A. libratus (found in Montana and New Mexico)
and A. sarcophagus (found in Montana and Wyoming).  I'm certain other posters
will be able to supply more useful references than I.  In 1982, a large
theropod was found in the vicinity of Montgomery, Alabama.  It has been
identified as a new species of Albertosaurus.  Apparently, a less complete
specimen -- but identifiable albertosaur --   has also been found in the
state.  You can find info on the Alabama finds at
www.audburn.edu/~kingdat/index.html.