Re: ELEPHANTS CANNOT EXCEED ~12 MPH!

I tried to stay out of this one because it is way outside my field, but I
do have a source of further information that you all may be interested in
that addresses this issue in particular.
While I don't have the authors name (I sold my copy) the title was
"Dynamics of Dinosaurs and Other Extinct Animals". At least I think that
was it. I found it at Barnes and Noble so you should be able to find it
fairly easily. The author does a good job of applying physics to
dinosaurs and the last terrestrial giants (elephants and rhinos in
particular).
He also discusses pterosaurs, icthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and Moas.