From:   akins@msu.oscs.montana.edu [SMTP:akins@msu.oscs.montana.edu]
Sent:   Monday, September 29, 1997 8:55 PM
To:     dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject:        Dinosaur books

I would like to hear what people thought of Bob Bakker's novel "Raptor
Red".
Personally, it's my favorite dinosaur book ever, fact or fiction.  Bakker
has
some excellent ideas about Utahraptor, as well as other creatures that
lived
at the same time and area.  Many times in the book he writes from Red's
(the
main carachter's) point of view.  He does an excellent job at
"transporting"
the reader into Red's body and mind.