Footprints (was Re: MORE "SICKLE" STUFF)

At 09:34 AM 9/30/97 -0700, Sholly wrote:

>I would not expect MANY of these foorprints, I would expect SOME.

Indeed.  However, troodontids are clearly even more didactyl than
dromaeosaurids, and yet their footprints aren't showing up either.

And, of course, tyrannosaurid skeletons are fairly common, but tyrannosaurid
tracks are extraordinarily rare.

It is a curious (but observed) phenomenon of paleontology that our trackway
record and our skeletal record do not match that closely.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661