Re: Footprints (was Re: MORE "SICKLE" STUFF)

In a message dated 97-09-30 13:20:06 EDT, th81@umail.umd.edu writes:

<< It is a curious (but observed) phenomenon of paleontology that our
trackway
 record and our skeletal record do not match that closely. >>

This, by the way, may be used to argue that dinosaur diversity was
considerably larger than may be determined from trackways or skeletal
evidence alone. (E.g., where are the skeletons of the rather large
?ornithischians that left tracks in the Late Triassic of the Connecticut
Valley?)