Re:DIGITIZED SAUROPODS

Greg Paul concluded:
> ...That diplodocids kept their teeth so clean suggests that they were feeding
> even higher on the well washed leaves of very tall plants by rearing.>
   I agree, but reared as shown by Paul on my favorite illustration.  The
diplodocids probably used their front foot claw to dig into the tree
trunks and help brace themselves while rearing on the hind legs (with the
tail also on the ground).  Then they could move their head from mouthfull
to mouthfull without wasting energy constantly raising themselves off the
ground. They would not raise themselves up for just one mouthfull!