Re: MORE "SICKLE" STUFF

On the subject of finding didactyl dromaeosaur trackways to substantiate
the hypothesis that dromaeosaurs held their #2 pedal unguals up while
walking and running...

Peter Von Sholly <vonrex@gte.net> writes:

> I would not expect MANY of these foorprints, I would expect SOME.  It
seems
> dromaeosaurs are turning up everywhere these days.  I think the reason
> there anen't any is that the animals didn't walk on two toes.  We are
> looking for prints that don't exist.  Of course I could be wrong, but
would
> like proof- I just want the answer, not to be right.  I agree with most
of
> the other stuff you said.

I want the answer, too.  If tridactyl dromaeosaur tracks exist, then such
tracks ought to be easily verifiable as dromaeosaurian, for the phalangeal
configuration of these animals is unique.  Where, then, are the tridactyl
dromaeosaur trackways?  References, please.

Ralph Miller III <gbabcock@best.com>

"Sheesh!  When are we gonna get that complete fossil record?  I asked Santa
for it two years ago!"