Re: "Jurassosaurus" or "Tianchisaurus"

In a message dated 97-09-30 20:23:28 EDT, akins@msu.oscs.montana.edu writes:

<< Does anyone if either of these names for a Chinese Ankylosaur from the
 Jurassic period has been decided upon or published.  Last I heard about
 either one there was a small controversy going on about which name to
 publish.  Either way I like the species name nedegoapeferkimorum.  Whoever
 read the Dinosaur Encyclopedia knows that it was named after the
 cast of Jurassic Park.
 Larry "Raptor" Akins
    "I LOVE CONTROVERSIES ABOUT DINOS" >>

Here's the entry for this genus as it stands in MM #2 third edition (italics
and tabs are removed by e-mail):

Genus: Sangonghesaurus Zhao, 1983 [nomen nudum]
No type species named
NOTE: This may be another nomen nudum for the genus Tianchisaurus, which was
discovered in the Sangonghe Valley, Fukang County, Xinjiang.

Genus: Tianchisaurus Dong, 1993
= "Jurassosaurus" Dong vide Holden, 1992 [nomen nudum; this name for the
genus (and type species) first published in a News Report in the December 18,
1992 Science]
= Teinchisaurus Dong, 1987 [nomen nudum]
= Tenchisaurus [Anonymous] 1981 [nomen nudum; transliterated from Japanese
and first published in Latin by Glut (1982)]
= Tianchiasaurus Dong, 1993 [sic]
= Tianchisaurus Dong, 1992 [nomen nudum]
T. nedegoapeferima Dong, 1993
= "Jurassosaurus nedegoapeferkimorum" Dong vide Holden, 1992 [nomen nudum]
= Tianchiasaurus nedegoapeferima Dong, 1993 [sic]
NOTE: The earliest name for this genus was published in Japanese in a
dinosaur chart in the anonymous guidebook to the 1981 Chinese dinosaur
exhibition in Japan; its Latin spelling is a transliteration provided by M.
Tanimoto (pers. comm.). Both spellings Tianchisaurus and Tianchiasaurus
appeared in the original description (Dong, 1993), but the spelling
Tianchisaurus was indicated as correct in a subsequent emendation.