Re: Humor: the Uses of Sickle Claws

I'll admit that my toes probably wouldn't support my weight in such a
situation, even with huge claws. However, evolution hasn't seen fit to
equip me with said claws and the necessary musculo-skeletal systems to
articulate it. The claws of deinonychus (which I'm most familiar with)
had attaching points for huge tendons that would have allowed them to
support a large weight. Whether it would be enough to support the whole
animal is a matter of conjecture since we can only estimate their weight
and the amount of force exerted by the claws.
Anyway, my point was that if I can lift my weight with my rather small
toes, I'm sure dromies could do at least as much (and probably more) with
their oversized second digit.