LOOKIN' FOR MONSTERS IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES

C. Laibly wrote:

> Ceolocanth..........
> 1. No recent fossil record.
> 2. Small surviving population
> 3. Considered an "impossible" survivor until recently...
>
> I am inclined to think Nessie is mostly hype, yet there are
> undiscovered and unusual organisms out there. Architeuthis Dux, Komodo
> Dragon, Jurassic trees, Megamouth Shark! A vietnamese antelope with   > nose
> slits along the muzzle! I think these images have alot to say     > about
> keeping an open mind towards Craig's original questions. Though > I wouldn't
> go Nessie hunting tomorrow, I WOULD stare at deep sea      > cameras
> searching for a 100ft squid, or search for the God bear in     > Siberia.

What NO ONE who wants to believe in "Nessie" seems to realize is that if
"Nessie" were indeed a plesiosaur, IT'S AN AIR-BREATHING ANIMAL, NOT A
FISH! YOU'D BE ABLE TO SPOT THEM ON THE SURFACE EVERY TIME THEY CAME UP
FOR AIR! HOW HARD IS THAT?! Since there can't be less than a breeding
population (unless you want to believe the coincidence that they're just
now going extinct while we're looking for them), then it would seem to
me it'd be pretty easy.

Brian (franczak@ntplx.net)
http://www.paleolife-art.com