Re: Survival

Betty Cunningham wrote:

> ah, but weren't the okapi (the okapi) and the orangutan (the original
> 'old man' of the forest) both parts of  primitive folklore and
> discussed amongst anthropologists as mythological creatures before
> either actually showed up?

Surely there's a big difference between an animal such as the
orang-utan and okapi living in a remote, 'unexplored' wilderness
about a hundred years ago, and a lake in the middle of a reputedly
civilised country. (I've seen Braveheart too.)

groucgo@pipeline.com.au

"There were one thousand, two hundred and eighty-three religious books
in
there now, each one - according to itself - the only book any man need
ever
read. It was sort of nice to see them all together. As Didactolys used
say, you had to laugh."     *Small Gods, by Terry Pratchett*

PGP key from
http://pgp.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5960A991