Re: obtaining CNN stories

Jeff Hecht <jhecht@world.std.com> wrote:
> I appreciate you posting the notes about these strange stories showing up
> on CNN. But Every time --SNIP-- I get an error message saying "Due to
system maintenance, we have
> temporarily limited access to this service." Are other people having this
> problem?

Yes, every time.  But there is a way around it.  You can fill out a
questionnaire and register to receive your own CNN custom news free of
charge.  The URL is <http://customnews.cnn.com/cnews/pna_auth.welcome>.
Then, the next time Betty points you to one of these dysfunctional URLs for
the story (Don't blame Betty!), you instead click on your own CNN custom
news bookmark and look under "Sci-Tech" or "more" (Sci-tech) until you find
the story in question.  Perhaps this "CNN custom news" registration is a
marketing research gimmick; I don't see why else CNN should bounce us out
every time we try to access a story.

-- Ralph Miller III     gbabcock@best.com

"Whaddaya want for nothin'?"