BCF ANDPDW

<<BCF is the simplest and most straightforward.>>

Not much for modesty eh? :-)

Anyway, is this a FACT?  Sounds to me like its an OPINION.  This is like
saying that there is a such thing as alien abductions because you like
the idea better than other offerings.  I cannot see why BCF (again, I
hate these stupid acronyms) is more simple and straightforward than
other bird origin theories.  Really, it is simply a compromise between
the dinosaur bird origins theory and the alternative bird origins
theory.  Compromise is good but if there is no evidence for something
like this actually happening then the compromise is no good.

And quit the "miracles" nonsense.  There are no "miracles" being
supported here.  Simply exaptations.  Let me tell you about another
"miracle": early tetrapod limbs evolved for slow "walking" through water
(_Acanthostega_); then evolved for walking (_Ichthyostega_); then
evolved for better support on land (temnospondyls, leposondyls,
lissamphibians, early amniotes, etc.); evolved a more erect stance for
faster speeds ("theraspids", cynodontids, early mammals); evolved a more
erect stance for even more efficient and faster walking (tribosphenic
mammals); elongated for faster speeds (_Hyracotherium_); and finally
lengthened to the point seen in modern _Equus_.  The same can be
explained for the flight stroke.  Climbing is similiar to the flight
stroke kinematically and uses up similiar energy; gliding is
prerequisite to flight energetically, myologically, etc; and flight is
similiar to both functions (Rayner 1985, 1991).  You can use this
sequence in theropod phylogeny.

PDW

I got my copy from the local library.  I lost the book somewhere and had
to end up paying for it.  I found it later.  It was $20.

Matt Troutman