Re: Cold-climate plesiosaurs(was Re: Survival)

Source of post by Larry Dunn, and brief synopsis of this article.

Recently in the April 1998 edition of Discover magazine the idea of a seiche
was mentioned as a possible cause of Lake Monster sightings. The example
used in the article was ?Champ? from Lake Champlain on the Vermont / New
York borders. The seiche is described as an immense underwater wave, this
wave is virtually unnoticeable on the lakes surface, but causes immense
turmoil (underwater storm) below the surface. If a log or other debris was
pushed by this large wave it could suddenly move to the surface of the lake
and then disappear again rapidly constituting a possibly ?sighting?.
Source:
April 1998, Discover Magazine, Monster of the Tub by Dick Teresi

Regards,

Craig Heinselman
Milford, NH  USA
cheinselman@msn.com