Re: _Night Comes to The Cretacous_

Well, like I said, this was my opinion. I don't want to start yet another
extinction brawl. However, I think there is a little bit of a difference
between calling a new untested hypothesis "science fiction" and publishing in a
book that pretty much states that everyone who disagrees with the impact is a
crabby, short-sighted, old Uniformitarian. Besides, I think Mr Charming
himself, Alvarez Sr. did enough backtalk to paleos to "pay them back" for the
sin of not swallowing his idea hook, line and sinker.

IMHO, I think there is a lesson to be learned in all of this. Keeping an open,
cautious mind never hurts. I'm not ready to accept the impact hypothesis as
gospel yet, but I'm also not ruling it out, either. I'm a bit afraid that
people will just start excepting it as fact, when really more work needs to be
done.

-Sherry