Re: press interviews

To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: press interviews

I forgot who originally wrote this, but anyway...

>And, just to let the general public know how things go, it is my experience
>that I am interviewed for about half-an-hour for any particular news item,
>of which a sentence or two (at best) makes it to the print.  A lot is
>mentioned that isn't put into print.  This isn't censorship, it is
>journalism, and a journalist's job is to sift through the information to
>create a story of the appropriate size and content.

I can relate to that. I was interviewed by a TV crew for about 10 minutes about
an alleged plesiosaur bosy that washed up in the Philippines, of which about
a minute made it to the final report.

Friday last week, I was interviewed by another TV station about dinosaurs, in
light of the theropod and sauropod eggs donated by the government of India to
my alma mater, the University of the Philippines. The show will appear on
Sunday, and I'll see how the press handles it this time.

Raymond Ancog
Mines and Geosciences Bureau
Philippines
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12