Re: _Night Comes to the Cretaceous_

In a message dated 98-08-08 13:04:10 EDT, jwoolf@erinet.com writes:

<< I know it's published, because it's all _been_ published by people with
 credentials.  All the versions of the impact theory that I've seen fail to
 explain:  >>

<<lotsa stuff snipped>>

We're not interested here what >didn't< get killed. We're interested in what
>did< get killed, and why. What >did< get killed was all the dinosaurs and
lots of other organisms. What killed them was an asteroid impact and its
aftereffects. >Anything< that survived was >just plain lucky<. What may have
made some life forms luckier than others under such trying circumstances is
indeed a complicated question, but it is not directly relevant to the issue of
what killed everything else.

If your question is, What caused the extinction of the dinosaurs?, the only
possible answer is, An asteroid or cometary impact.