Re: _Night Comes to the Cretaceous_

In a message dated 98-08-08 14:50:02 EDT, Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

<< If your question is, What caused the extinction of the dinosaurs?, the only
 possible answer is, An asteroid or cometary impact. >>

...Or are you saying that, since it didn't kill, say, the champsosaurs, the
asteroid impact couldn't have killed the dinosaurs, either?

It hasn't escaped my notice that some of the same people who go after strict
and rigid numerical parsimony in cladograms with a vengeance also happily
concoct the most complicated, unparsimonious explanations for the K-T mass
extinction, when the most parsimonious explanation has been available for more
than two decades.

Going to digest 15 after this, since I'll surely exceed my posting limit if I
continue to respond to these extinction e-mails...