Scubasaurus!!!

Hi again tout le monde,
   First off, I'd like to say thanks to all who contributed to my
"theropod sunglasses" idea.  Secondly, I'd like to raise a new point.
   Reading "PDW," I had to disagree with Gregory Paul's idea that
herbivorous dinosaurs were far from being safe when chased into the
water by large theropods (p. 45).  If an Apatosaurus louisae (as
depicted in the book) swam into 40 feet of water, it would have been
more than safe from a pack of Allosaurus atrox.  I say this because what
would the attackers have done once they killed the apatosaur out so
deep?  If the victim didn't sink first, the allosaurs would have had
three choices
1) eat and swim at the same time.
3) somehow climb atop the dead body and eat the dead dino, then have to
swim back on a full belly.
I think all three choices are a little hard to imagine happening.
   Mr. Paul did raise the point, though, that there have been footprints
found which seem to indicate some theropods chasing iguanodonts out of
the water.  So maybe a predatory dinosaur would follow prey out deep in
hopes to chase it back to shore.
   Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I sure hope this hasn't been
brought up before or I just waisted my time.  Thanks.

-  Jordan Mallon

PS-  I think the only point Mr. Paul was trying to make was that
theropods were good swimmers.  I just took the thought a step further.