Dinosaur TV Week

Mirrored at http://members.tripod.com/~megalania/dinotv.html

(Going forward, when I feature a movie, I'll try to put the movie's
poster up on the webpage)

                        * * *

Here are some highlights of U.S. national television programming
concerning dinosaurs, other prehistoric life and evolution, all times
eastern (check local listings to avoid heartache):

Monday, August 10

Discovery Channel, 1:00am (known to some as "latenyte Sunday")
Prehistoric Sharks
Sharks ruled the oceans for millions of years, give or take a few.
Here then is their story.

TRAVEL Channel, 3:00pm
Searching for Lost Worlds
"Skull Wars: Search for the Missing Link"
Advanced primate ancestors: a bone of contention.

TRAVEL Channel, 10:00pm
Searching for Lost Worlds
"Skull Wars: Search for the Missing Link"

Tuesday, August 11

TRAVEL Channel, 1:00am (blah blah)
Searching for Lost Worlds
"Skull Wars: Search for the Missing Link"

TRAVEL Channel, 3:00pm
Searching for Lost Worlds
"Skull Wars: Search for the Missing Link"
Find that damned missing sausage already.

Pesticide Channel, 5:30pm
Getting Rid Of . . . with Ward and Jaimee
"Trilobite Removal"
When they're in your septic tank and won't stop singing tunes from
"South Pacific."  Set your VCR's.

Wednesday, August 12

SCIFI Channel, 1:00am (some folks etc.)
Dinosaurus!
Supremely sillyus and the movie that hooked me on dinosaurs, fake
though they look.  At a remote island construction site, lightning
"brings back" an excavated brontosaur, tyrannosaur and caveman.
Includes the classic Tyrannosaur vs. Excavator scene.  Entertaining,
if sometimes unintentionally so.  Ward Ramsey and Gregg Martell went
on (as we all know) to greatness in Hollywood.

Sunday, August 16

Discovery Channel, 7:00pm (known to all as "Sunday evening")
Prehistoric Sharks

Look like the boneheads are taking the week off, folks.

Prehistoric sharks cough up australopithecus skulls when struck by
lightning, you know,

==
Larry

"Atheism -- a non-prophet organization"