Re: Definitions..

At 18:25 -0400 9/8/98, Jaime A. Headden wrote:
>  A correction to all. Last night I responded to C. Laibly's (or was
>is Caleb's?) post on requesting definitions, and screwed up.
>
>I wrote:
>
><...anagrams.>
>
>  The correct word is "acronyms," whereas "anagrams" are words you can
>spell backwards and still look the same (as in "ana-"), so appologies
>to everyone and C. Laibly/Caleb's for the confusion.

Anagrams are words made of the same letters:  Live, Vile, and Evil, for
example.

What you describe are palindromes.

Laurie Nyveen                                  lawrence@dsuper.net
Editor, Netsurfer Digest - <http://www.netsurf.com/nsd/index.html>
DNRC Minister of Adding "ue" to Words That End in "log"
"All we are, basically, are monkeys with car keys."
                             - Grandma Woody (Northern Exposure)