Re: impact

Amatuer here with 2 questions -

First I believe I heard on a Discovery show that there is evidence for large
impacts at each of the major extinction events - did I hear this correctly?

Secondly - my studies of the K-T Event indicate firestorm and the impact
causing increased volcanic activity.  OK so everything near impact would have
been totally incinerated but further out firestorm would have killed, even
burnt off all flesh but not completely cremated remains, without survivors to
predate carcasses or crush them and increased volcanic activity to quickly
bury these remains shouldn't we find at least a few fossils showing burning?
Has anyone found any fossils that appear to have been severly burnt?