Re: impact

Kimba4evr@aol.com wrote:

> Amatuer here with 2 questions -
>
> First I believe I heard on a Discovery show that there is evidence for large
> impacts at each of the major extinction events - did I hear this correctly?

You may well have heard it correctly, but Discovery Channel isn't exactly known
for having up-to-date or 100% accurate  sources.  At Dinofest last April, Peter
Ward did a talk on the Permian extinction and Karoo therapsids, and expressed
some disappointment that he found no evidence of any sort for an impact
associated with the Permian extinction.

-- Jon W.