Signor-Lipps effect?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dinogeorge@aol.com <Dinogeorge@aol.com>
To: jbois@umd5.umd.edu <jbois@umd5.umd.edu>
Cc: MICHAELS@preit.com <MICHAELS@preit.com>; dinosaur@usc.edu
<dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: zaterdag 8 augustus 1998 3:08
Subject: Re: _Night Comes to the Cretaceous_

>Also, our available K-T-boundary
>dinosaur samples suffer heavily from an indeterminable amount of
Signor-Lipps
>effect, so just how less diverse--if this is in fact the case--is not
easily
>measurable.

I really cannot stand it when a term that I've never heard of before is
uttered without any explaination in a context I would normally feel I at
least feel rather confident in most of the time. Could you please elaborate
on this Signor-Lips effect? Is it just another name for something I did
hear/read about before? Inquiring minds want to know...

Jarno Peschier

Compass Interactive / NedStat
(ICQ: 11364879)