Paleobotany references

I had a very late start tonight thaks to a landlord who needed to be straightened out, so I am only going to post a couple of these refs for now. Also, for those who asked about intro paleobotany refs, I don't really have any. I just kind of muddled my way through, but I had some help from a geology class at the FMNH and one book, After the Ice Age by E.C. Pielou (which if you haven't read and always wanted to be knowledgable about glaciation events-drop what you are doing and go buy).

Fastovsky, D.E. and McSweeney, K., 1987. Paleosols spanning the Cretaceous-Paleogene transition, eastern Montana and western North Dakota, Bulletin of the Geological Society of America, 99 (1): 66-77

Fasset, J.E., Lucas,S.G., and Oneill, F.M., 1987. Dinosaurs, pollen, and spores, and the age of the of the Ojo Alamo Sandstone, San Juan Basin, New Mexico and Colorado. In J.E. Fasset and J.K. Rigby (eds), The Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary in the San Juan and Raton Basins, New Mexico and Colorado, Geological Society of America Special Paper, 209: 17-34.

Spicer, R.A., 1987.  The Significance of the Cretaceous flora of Northern Alaska for the reconstruction of the climate of the Cretaceous, Geologisches Jahrbuch, 96: 265-92.

This last one I found as a photocopy out on a table in the bio library at U.of Illinois and read on the spot. I am totally unaware of its presence as a journal  in the Uof I collections so I was most lucky.

dlessin@accesschicago.net
David.Lessin@Walgreens.Com
David.Lessin@EMC.Walgreens.Com