Re: CORRELATIVE AND CAUSITIVE SCIENCE WHEN DEALING WITH EXTINCTION SCENARIOS

Krakatoa was a fairly small volcanic island (the caldera was about 7
miles across) as volcanic islands go.  When it erupted in 1883 it made a
rather large noise and effected rather a large area.
-from http://pharos.bu.edu/Egypt/Wonders/Natural/krakatoa.html
"So violent was the eruption that volcanic ash and debris reached as far
west as Madagascar. Tidal waves resulted in the destruction of more than
150 villages, and were felt in France and England. In Australia,
hundreds of kilometers away from the site, the explosion was heard. "

When Mt St. Helens' erupted ash was deposited across a 4 state swathe
and we had red sunsets and haze due to the ash in the atmosphere.

When Mt Penatubo erupted in 1991 (in the Philippines) we here in
California again had haze and red sunsets for weeks after again.

A single tsunami just wiped out most of New Guinea's coastal population.

I have no difficulty imagining some natural disaster of an even larger
magnitude occuring......

-Betty Cunningham