Re:Impact only a part of it all...

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 01:22:02 Roy Nash sent Re:Impact only a part of it all...

<snip>

>(3)     Turtles - I was interested to see the post claiming they were virtually
>        unscathed - perhaps they had laid their eggs deep enough that many of
>these   survived the    fire-storms ! Same for surviving crocodiles ?

<snip>

This is a very interesting, thought-provoking observation. Were the turtles
and crocodilians the only egg-burying reptiles that survived the K-T event?
Of course, this very elegant observation isn't exactly problem free. The
eggs of crocodilians are very heat sensitive, with the sex of the babies
changing with a mere degree or two. Think a firestorm raging above tend to
"impact" that process.

See yez,

Bruce T.
btownley@sirius.com
"I think anyone would rather see large-scale rather than small-scale
destruction."

-Inoshiro Honda, director of the original Godzilla film