Re: DINO EXTINCTIONS

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 at 19:03:30 Betty Cunningham sent Re: DINO EXTINCTIONS

>How about a nice soil-borne fungus like Coccidioides immitis?
>I know dogs and humans can both contract Valley Fever from this lovely
>little critter.

>snip<

>Then we have some longer term weather conditions-probably a tad more
>extreme than our recent El Nino to throw off plant recuperation and thus
>the rest of the ecosystem.

Fascinating concept. Rather bolstered by the fact that there've been some
reports (in California papers at any rate) that even the wet conditions
generated by El Nino can boost the explosions in the local mold and fungus
populations. Attack of the 'shrooms indeed.

Bruce T.
btownley@sirius.com
"I think anyone would rather see large-scale rather than small-scale
destruction."

-Inoshiro Honda, director of the original Godzilla film