Re: Permian extinction

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 at 10:05:55 Neil 'Jurassic' Clark sent Re: Permian
extinction

>If it was a bolide
>(meteorite/asteroid/comet) that caused the Permian extinction, I
>would have expected it to have impacted off the eastern coast of the
>continent or somewhere on land.

Thanks for the thumbnail definition of "bolide". Had more or less figured
out from the context of several messages that it meant something that'd
fallen out of the sky. It's helpful to have confirmation. I'm not a pro
like so many of you folks and sometimes the terminology used on the list
trips me up.

Bruce T.
btownley@sirius.com
"I think anyone would rather see large-scale rather than small-scale
destruction."

-Inoshiro Honda, director of the original Godzilla film