Extinction from Space - again

Another point that I failed to make in the earlier post is the magnitude of
the blast(s) at the K-T.

A crater as big as the Chicxulub woud require roughly 10,000 times  the
entire peak nuclear arsenal of the world to produce.  Chicxulub is what
150 km.  Manson is about 40 km.  So, are we talking about some
simultaneous (relatively speaking) that ran up values of explosive force
more than 15,000 times our peak power?  Probably so. And we may also
find other craters of 65 MYA of similar sizes.  Somehow, I don't have
much a problem accepting the demise of dinosaurs under the conditions
of such a huge expenditure of energy, esecially when it may have been
more distributed over the earth than we think.  What I don't understand is
the survival of the frogs.

Wiwaxia