Re: Looking for tiny dinosaurs

In a message dated 98-08-12 15:35:30 EDT, jhecht@world.std.com writes:

<< Another way to look for signs of tiny dinosaurs would be to search for
 small teeth, the most likely fossils as for Mesozoic mammals (many of which
 are known only from teeth). Has anybody done this? Are small dinosaur teeth
 considered evidence of juveniles, or of possible small species >>

Lots of very small dinosaurlike teeth occur in the Morrison Formation,
according to Dan Chure. He showed us a few when Tracy and I visited Dinosaur
National Monument. You need a loupe to see them; the crowns are about 2mm
tall. He's writing a paper about them. I think his description of _Koparion_
is a spinoff of this work.