Re: DINO EXTINCTIONS

PTJN@aol.com wrote:

> This is an important point.  The perceived selectivity of the K/T extinctions
> may be more a function of the ability of a species to recover from an
> environmentally induced population crash than a profile of what lived and what
> did not live through the event itself.

True.  But you'll agree, I hope <g>, that a species which has some members
survive
does better at survival than a species that has no members survive.

IMHO, even if the extinction was gradual (on a human scale -- say, fifty
thousand
years or so), there is still some insight to be gained form looking at what did
survive and recover vs. what didn't.

-- Jon W.