Re: Bolivian dinosaur eggs

MKIRKALDY@aol.com wrote:

> Reuters is reporting the find of two (possibly) dinosaur eggs in southern
> Bolivia, which date from about 68 million years ago.
>
> ``They were found in green limestone and there may be more in other
> layers,'' according to Swiss paleontologist Christian Mayer.
>
> " 'Of the eggs we found, one measures 25 cm (10 inches) and the other,
> from a flying reptile, is big and measures 40 cm (16 inches)' Mayer said."

This would equate to an average 5" dia. for the pterosaur egg.  Qn is the
biggest
pterosaur I know of, with a shoulder to hip length of about 37" and a shoulder
width about 22".  Relatively speaking, this sounds like an awfully big egg to
me.  I'd love to find out more.  If anyone has additional info, please let me
know (thanks).

> "The fossil field, peppered with tracks from dozens of species, could be
> one of the largest in the world, Mayer said.  Some of the tracks indicate
> beasts measuring up to 1,100 feet (350 meters) long, the longest yet
> known, he said."

Surely they meant the longest trackway yet known (what is the length of the
current record holder in trackway lengths?).It sounds to me like a reporter
reprocessed this info after getting it from Mayer.