Re: Bolivian dinosaur eggs

In a message dated 98-08-13 11:51:34 EDT, MKIRKALDY@aol.com writes:

<< "The tracks included footprints from Tyrannosaurus, the notorious meat
 eater. Bones at the site were from crocodiles, fresh water fish and turtles."

Let me tell you that there's no positive way to identify a footprint as
belonging to _Tyrannosaurus_ or any other genus without actually having
physical remains of the genus in a trackmaking position relative to the
trackway. The best they can do is note that the footprints belong to a
theropod the size of a _Tyrannosaurus_. I wish the media would get at least
this part right. There's no excuse for this kind of sloppiness.

Also, this business about thousand-foot long dinosaurs is sheer fantasy. Mark
my words: When the smoke clears and this discovery starts getting described
scientifically, watch how fast those dinosaurs will shrink.