RE: Totally OT natural selection question

Don't worry, Larry.  One would hope that compassion in
alledged higher animals is a trait that could productively be
preserved.  A "compassionate" tyrannosaur would have,
perhaps, proven to be a liability, but it's downright refreshing
in homo sapiens!  IMHO

Dwight