Re: The subject for the day is *science*

In a message dated 98-08-14 03:02:43 EDT, jrhutch@socrates.berkeley.edu
writes:

<<  I do not think that most scientists would lump either of
 these two authors as frothing hardline cladists, although that is
 _certainly_ not to say that they eschew a phylogenetic context in their
 research.  >>

Interesting term, "frothing hardline cladists." I first heard this exact
phrase from the late Alan Charig at the Dinosaur Systematics Symposium in
Drumheller, Alberta in 1986 (if memory serves me). It seems to have gotten
around.