Re: Putting pictures on websites

for myself, I would say that the displaying of a mounted skeleton is the
display of someone's INTERPRETATION of a naturally occuring thing, and
would then be considered to be copywriteable by the creators.

Especially if you consider a mount in one museum might not match the
interpretations of a mount in another museum in stance, leg
articulation, or even proper attribution-all of which are items
considereably of interest and part of why mounted specimens draw
attention from science.

-Betty Cunningham