Re: Extinction scenarios

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, James R. Cunningham wrote:
> Also, sunsets 5 or 6
> million times redder than the Krakatoa skys translate to coal-black skies for
> significant period.

Apples and oranges.  Is there evidence which demonstrates the grain-sizes
of these two events were similar.  I would expect most material to fall
out rather quickly no matter how much was initially launched into the
atmosphere.  I'm just asking.  I would expect the suspension ability
of the atmosphere to be non-linear, i.e., 6 million times more material
doesn't mean 6 million times darker.