Re: Extinction scenarios

Regarding a white hot atmospheric pressure wave sweeping around the world as a
result of the Chixulub impact, Jim at jrccea@bellsouth.net wrote:
<180 degrees opposite is one place I wouldn't want to be.  But I think you'd
find a
number of shielded sites that wouldn't be too heavily impacted (in all the
requisite senses).>
   Excellent point. In addition to horrendous seismic quaking at the antipode,
the air pressure wave could also perhaps come together in a cataclismic
resurgence of heat.  You're probably right that a few sites somewhere just
short of antipodal would be the most favorable locations to find onesself.
Too bad most of this area was under the Indian Ocean.