Re: brooding Tyrannosaur

"larryf" <larryf@capital.net> wrote:
<In the discussions about the ability of T rex to support its weight

while possibly brooding its nest, I noticed that nobody has mentioned that

large pubic structure that might have served as a perfect fulcrum, and

allowed T rex a great degree of precise control of its forequarters, as it

would not be supporting a ton of mass, but , actually closer to no weight at

all due to the counterbalancing tail at the other end of the fulcrum.

Perhaps this is why these large, cursorial,"bird"-descendants have their

pubes sticking way , out, and not in a more rear- directed, bird-like

manner.>
    From my perspective, an almost perfect explanation.  Furthermore, the
smallish hands would be quite useful in fine control as the breast was lowered
onto the nest. Here, I ignore the unfounded notion that T rex's arms were
buried under masses of chest-flesh, as some have suggested.
    One flaw in your logic: "Bird-descendents" should read: "Bird-cousins."
    Tom Hopp