Re: Tyrannosaur Arm Capabilities

Having a T rex squat/lay down/sit/brood on a small spot on the ground
without damaging whatever is in that spot would be like trying to back a
dump truck around a wedding cake in the middle of the road.

EVERYONE points out that T rex had FORWARDS FACING eyes "signs of a
predator", so the periferal vision was weak at best, and your talking a
point to exhibit 'delicate-as-eggshells' control that was as much as 15
feet behind the snout (if we talk pelvis-closer to 10 feet if we talk
breast) and UNDER it's own body.

As a kid we used to joke that the reason why T rexes were so mean was
that someone had given them a pocket watch and they couldn't ever
actually SEE the watch as their own head would occlude the arms.  (ok,
so we were wierd kids)  Nothing, as far as I know, as changed about
this, um, awkward positioning.

Next I'll hear someone propose T rex had WHISKERS in the pelvis area to
detect where the eggs were since they couldn't see their own hands.

-Betty Cunningham